This morning the Governor and the Commissioners of the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and Health (MDH) held a press conference to announce the statewide closure of schools March 16-27.
Mahtomedi Public Schools will be closed March 16-27, 2020 during our spring break and the following week in order to prepare for an extended closure to respond to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Our Next Steps
- We will be working with our staff on our next steps as a district to ensure the safety and well being of our students while delivering education during an extended closure.
- We will communicate with our families and staff in the near future about our plans for e-Learning (Distance Learning) during the closure.
- We will send an email with details about upcoming cancelations of district activities and events.
- MDE and MDH will be working with us to also establish care for our State’s emergency workers who are critical to fighting the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- During a potential extended closure, we will also be working with our nutrition services and community partners to provide food support to our students in need.
- We have started a volunteer Google Form you can fill out if you’d like to help and we will communicate with this group as needs arise in our community. We are grateful for our community’s support during this time.
Stay Home and Practice Social Distancing
While our schools are closed, we encourage students to stay home and practice social distancing. We ask for your partnership and support to practice social distancing at this time, this means reducing the amount of time you are closer than 6 feet for 10 minutes or more with other people. Please discourage social gatherings of students outside of school.
We remain committed to keeping you updated on our plans during closure and with new information as it becomes available.
- You can find links, information, and updates regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) at our web page here: www.mahtomedi.k12.mn.us/coronavirus
- COVID-19 Hotline: Questions about COVID-19? Call the MDH COVID-19 Hotline between 7 am to 7 pm.