Come explore Mahtomedi Public Schools, an exceptional Early Childhood-12 public school district located just east of the Twin Cities, MN and nestled next to White Bear Lake. Our district is home to a community of learners spanning across two elementary buildings, Mahtomedi Middle School, Mahtomedi High School, and our Passages program for adult students ages 18-21.
We take pride in our commitment to academic excellence and personal success, and we're always on the lookout for passionate educators and staff members who share our values. At Mahtomedi, we believe in investing in our people. We provide high-quality professional development to ensure our staff and employees are well-equipped to support our students. We are supported in our work by a strong educational foundation as well as family volunteers, community members, and PTOs who are champions for our work.
Join our leading school district and be a part of a close-knit community that fosters academic achievement and personal success for all students. With approximately 3,200 students and over 400 dedicated staff members, there's never been a better time to become a part of our Zephyr family.
Why be a Zephyr?
We take pride in our commitment to academic excellence and personal success. We are proud of our accomplishments and continue to aspire to new levels of excellence to ensure we set the standard for public education.
- 90% of families rate the education in the district as excellent or good.
- Top 10: Overall 2022 MCA math and reading scores are among the top 10 independent school districts in the state.
- Our graduation rate of 95.8% continues to rank among the highest in the state of MN.
- #7 (Top 1%) Best Traditional High Schools in MN (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- Our district is an inclusive learning community and values wellness and belonging for all staff and students.
- We offer an array of exceptional learning opportunities that inspire robust academics, critical and creative thinking, and continuous personal growth.
- We foster environments and systems that support all of our students to discover and pursue their passions and interests to develop their academic and personal skills to find personal success.
Check out our district’s strategic plan to learn more about who we aspire to be. Our Teaching & Learning newsletter outlines our district’s learning growth, academic achievement, and personal success.
Benefits to being a Zephyr!
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage for all eligible employees
- Group Life, dependent and supplemental coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement plans and district match program
- PERA and TRA pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off depending on contracts
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Mahtomedi Public Schools that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program, including employment, on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, past/present history of mental disorder, learning disability and/or physical disability.