Our priorities this school year are keeping our students safe and learning in person. Below please find available tests for our students. COVID-19 testing is also available throughout Minnesota. Families and staff can use the testing site locator (Maplewood GS labs has a location), community testing sites (Stillwater Armory has a location) or request free at home tests provided by the State of Minnesota.
COVID-19 Testing Site
Our COVID-19 testing site is available through a partnership between Mahtomedi Public Schools and White Bear Lake Area Schools. The site will provide free, voluntary testing to Mahtomedi and White Bear Lake students and staff. It is not available to the general community or parents/guardians. The test is a Cue COVID-19 test and uses a molecular amplification reaction to detect SARS-CoV-2 that is equivalent to the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
COVID-19 Testing Site Use
- Eligibility: Mahtomedi Public Schools staff and students (students who are age 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). This testing option is available for asymptomatic and symptomatic staff and students.
- Appointments: Appointments can be scheduled online at bit.ly/624ctest
Interested persons must schedule appointments. Walk-in appointments are not available
Testing Site Hours are 7:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Location: Normandy Park Building (2446 County Road F East, White Bear Lake, MN 55110).
- Testing: Once you arrive, wait in your vehicle and text the Google number (651) 317-9638 to be invited in for your appointment. Masks are required to enter the building. Once you enter the building you will be given testing instructions. Results are provided to families via email within 25 minutes. Test results are not shared with the school district. Families should report any positive case results to school nurses. District staff should continue reporting positive case results to Mahtomedi Human Resources.
Free COVID-19 Testing Kits for Mahtomedi Students
The Minnesota Department of Health has provided our school district with free COVID-19 tests for students. The tests are BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test and are a rapid, 15-minute test. Please note that students will not be tested at school and kits will not be sent home without parental consent.
Rapid tests are available for free for all K-12 and Passages students at Mahtomedi Public Schools. To request a free test kit, please contact your child’s school nurse (a contact list is below).
Free COVID-19 Rapid Test Use
- Symptomatic: If a student is staying home with symptoms or is sent home with symptoms, parents/guardians will have the option of receiving an at-home test kit (the kit will be sent home with the student OR if the student is at home, a parent/guardian may come to pick a test kit up).
- Household Positive: If a student is a close household contact (positive COVID-19 case in student’s household), parents/guardians will have the option of receiving an at-home test kit for the student (the parent/guardian will need to pick up the test kit).
- Families are receiving exposure email notifications of positive cases in their child’s classroom(s) or bus routes. Families are asked to watch for symptoms.
- Our universal masking policy allows us to avoid quarantining full classrooms or students who are exposed to a positive COVID-19 case at school or on a bus.
- Due to our layered mitigation efforts, we have not seen large community spread in our schools this school year.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 will be quarantined following the MDH Decision Tree.
- Students and staff who are deemed close contacts and are fully vaccinated or have had lab confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days do not need to quarantine but should monitor for symptoms.
As a reminder, our COVID-19 dashboard (www.mahtomedi.k12.mn.us/dashboard) is on our school year website. The dashboard includes positive cases by school building as well as student vaccination rates. This information is updated weekly at the end of the day on Fridays.
School Nurse Contacts
Wildwood Elementary School:
Kris Hedstrand, Building RN, 651-407-2104, email@example.com
O. H. Anderson Elementary School:
Marcia Senkler, Building RN, 651-407-2335, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahtomedi Middle School:
Katie Peper, Building RN, 651-407-2216, email@example.com
Vicky Fleming, Health Para 651-762-5943, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahtomedi High School:
Brooke Hemenway, Building RN, 651-762-5852, email@example.com
Doug Martin, LPN, 651-762-5968,
Passages Transition Program:
Megan McMahon, Licensed School Nurse, 651-407-2169, firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Ritzer, Health Para, 651-773-4901, email@example.com