Mahtomedi Public Schools will increase student access to racially diverse teachers by increasing the racial diversity of their teaching staff from 0.9% in 2020 to 2% in 2023.
During the 2020-2021 school year, we continued to have 0.9% of our teaching staff identify as people of color.
Action Steps used for 2020-2021:
Some strategies we plan to initiate or continue during the 2021-2022 school year:
- We offered internal equity training to improve the perception of inclusivity in our school climate
- Human Resources Director participated in equity training
- Recruit using various methods
- Outreach to colleges and Universities known to produce teacher candidates of color.
- Connect with local leaders to recruit diverse candidates
- Expand our recruitment to include non-traditional publications
- Connect with local urban centers
- Continue offering equity professional development for all ISD832 staff