In an effort to ensure that all students graduate from high school, our goal is:
The percentage of students who graduate in 7 years will increase from 99.3% in 2019 (2016 cohort of 4-year graduates) to 100% in 2021.
We saw a slight decrease in our 7-year graduation rate (97.8% of students in the 2017 cohort graduated within 7 years).
Action Steps used for 2020-2021:
Some strategies we plan to initiate or continue during the 2021-2022 school year:
- Some of the strategies we initiated to support the reduction of the achievement gap:
- Students were invited in for more time during Hybrid and Distance Learning while in those learning models. We called it Enhanced Learning. They were invited based on academic, social-emotional, and other needs.
- We increased the modality of our outreach - we hosted many virtual meetings and support activities in addition to face to face meetings and activities to support students and families
- Equity initiative from our strategic plan and beliefs. The student-led BASE group met biweekly throughout the year and that will continue this year.
- We are revising our systemic approach to Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- We offered increased opportunities for summer school programs. While these did not impact our 2020-2021 data, we are eager to see the impact on our 2021-2022 data. Additionally, we intend to continue with an expanded summer school opportunity and sustain both transportation and breakfast for the summer of 2022.
- We will sustain (or increase) the number of student organizations and activities to connect kids to school and to each other.