School buildings at Mahtomedi Public Schools completed their school building-level strategic plans during the 2019-20 school year.
The Purpose of Building-Level Plans
Outcomes of Building-Level Work
- Establishes a relationship between the district’s strategic plan and school plans.
- Facilitates process and discipline in each school.
- Buildings identify how each building will uniquely support the work of the district.
- Building-Level Mission: The building-level teams developed a school mission and it includes their identity (what they aspire to be), purpose (why they exist), and critical attributes (environments that we must have to support the mission).
- Building-Level Objectives: The building-level teams created objectives that are measurable, observable, and demonstrable results that realize their mission.
- Building-Level Tactics: The building-level team determined tactics or what they need to do in order to accomplish their school mission and objectives.
After the school buildings completed their building-level plans, the next step was building-level action planning. Action Planning is an opportunity for the school building staff to weigh in and create the plans that will support the building plan. The action plans are the projects, plans, and initiatives needed to make all of the strategic planning work a reality for the school building.