Background Check Process for Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Mahtomedi Schools. We value the time and dedication of our volunteers!
To ensure the safety of the buildings and students, we require criminal background checks for all parents who wish to volunteer.
The cost to the parent for this check is $10 and can be done online. Volunteers only need to complete the background check once and the results will follow all of their students through their time with Mahtomedi Schools. If this process should change, parents will be notified in advance.
|Click here to view frequently asked questions (FAQs)
regarding background checks for volunteers.
To inquire whether you already have a cleared volunteer background check on file, please contact either the main office clerical staff at any school building or Human Resources at 651-407-2005.
The online criminal background check form requires you to provide authorization for the following checks:
The background checks cost $10 and information will be kept confidential. Human Resources will review the results of each background check. If there are any concerns regarding the results, HR will contact the individual directly within 24-48 hours after receiving the results.
- National Sex Offense History: Provides a sexual offender registry check of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- MN BCA: Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for MN, 15 year history
- Social Security Number Trace: Provides the name, aliases, 10 year address history, and all social security numbers associated with the individual. Verifies that the social security number is valid, gives year of issuance and state issued.
There are three ways to complete the volunteer background check
- Online - Click here to complete the form and pay the $10 fee online.
- Printable form - Click here to download and print the volunteer background check form, complete it, and drop it off at the District Education Center with a check for $10 made out to "Mahtomedi Public Schools."
- Forms are also available at the District Education Center.
You will receive a confirmation email once your background check result is complete. Please note: the online form also includes an option for volunteers to request a copy of their own report.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to maintain a safe and secure educational environment for our students at ISD 832.